December 7, 2022

The Political Chronicle

Complete US News World

In C டிte d’Ivoire, the “whale” oil field will begin production in 2023


The announcement of ENI’s CEO went through Abidjan this Friday, where he was received by Alassane Ouattara. In the medium term, C டிte d’Ivoire could multiply its production by three or four with this deposit.

With our correspondent in Abidjan, Pierre Pinto

Ratings This deposit 1.5 billion and 2 billion barrels of crude oil and 1,800 and 2,400 billion cubic feet of associated natural gas, respectively. Today C டிte d’Ivoire produces less than 30,000 barrels of oil a day

Côte d’Ivoire wants things to happen quickly, and Claudio Descalzi mentions it well. ” In two months, we approved the development plan. Sixteen months after the invention, we promised to produce the first phase of the project. , Explained the CEO of ENI. So the first barrels should be released in 2023.

In the meantime, the Italian giant plans to drill two more wells in the field to build a gas pipeline. Partially supplied gas to Ivorian power stations.

What will be the share going to Ivory State? Confidential information responds to the ENI, although this indicates that the group is all about a standard contract for product sharing when it is signed everywhere. At the time of the study, ENI held 90% of the volume and the remaining 10% was in the hands of Ivorian state holding company Petrosi.

At the same time, ENI and the Ivorian government signed an agreement to train administrators and technicians through the Houphouet-Boigny National Polytechnic in Yamoussoukro. Another thing about decarbonization, says the Italian CEO, is that its CO2 production should be offset by investment in sustainable agriculture, the fight against deforestation and the economy.

See also  A princess and her daughter have been released after three years in custody

The honeymoon between Ivory Coast and the Italian oil company looks set to last. The Ivory Government has begun discussions with ENI about the other two blocks near Block 101 “Whale”.

Read more: COP26: In Code de Ivory, the exploitation of hydrocarbon reserves is not unanimous